ABOUT THE ROLE
As a team member of the Plan, Book and Allocate organization, we’re looking for a Software Engineer who will actively participate in requirement gathering and technical design discussions. This role will design highly scalable and high-performing technology solutions in an Agile work environment and produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices. This individual will work closely with business support teams and product managers to assist in resolving critical production issues help simplify and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation.
The Power BI and Azure Analysis Services DevOps position will be responsible for creating Power BI report and this individual will need to be able to understand data relationships and translate to models in Azure Analysis Service in order to benchmark performance and automate deployment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create Power BI reporting leveraging the ability to understand data relationships and be able to translate to models in Azure Analysis Service.
- Build real-time/batch data ingestion from multiple sources using Azure Data Factory / Azure Automation / Databricks-Spark as well as analyze and build new reports in Power BI.
- Work with various data sources, analyze and benchmark reporting performance, deploy to various non-production and production environments and migrate to Azure working with Azure services.
- Work with existing data extraction methods to feed reporting platform and work on POC to prove out any technologies.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience and 3+ years of developing reports and dashboard experience in MS Power BI. Ability to write SQL and API queries.
- Proficient experience in: Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services,Azure Data Factory, Azure Automation, Power BI, and PowerShell.
- High energy self-starter, detail and quality-oriented and able to work independently
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills along with excellent research and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects with tight deadlines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to understand complex issues and clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Good understanding of Data Ingestion techniques using Azure DataFactory, SSIS or similar technologies