This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for the design development and implementation of moderately complex commercial software solutions.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leverage leading-edge technologies to design and develop high quality software products in an Agile environment.
- Plans, designs and develops, testing and debug new software and existing software applications.
- Works on moderately complex design projects and problems.
- Makes enhancements to or maintains existing software as per business requirements.
- Collaborates with business analysts, technical staff and business leaders on moderately complex projects to identify new software solutions and/or troubleshoot problems with existing software solutions.
- Partners with stakeholders to define new products.
- Utilize best practices to drive projects through full development life cycle utilizing best practices, from inception to product delivery, including architecture, design, implementation, and testing.
- Produce pragmatic technical solutions capable of handling higher transactional and data volumes.
- Actively collaborate, and share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams.
Requires BA/BS degree or technical institute training; 2-4 year's experience, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Solid understanding of OOP
Test oriented development
Ability to work from business requirements and/or user stories using modern development best practices
Willing and able to work with a distributed team - strong communication skills
Solid understanding of version control systems, especially git
Has worked in a java based env. Knowing java would not be a requirement