The Software Engineer II is responsible for coding, testing, and implementing products for Accruent’s real estate performance management software suite. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Software Associates, creating and reviewing technical requirements, and developing code in a variety of programming languages for a web based enterprise application. Proven technical leadership and project ownership is required to be considered for this position.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain. When required, makes suggestions for new designs.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented.
- Work with various teams in the organization to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Be an expert in at least one of the key technical and functional areas of a product.
- Mentor entry level Software Associates on engineering and company best practices.
- Mentor entry level Software Associates on technology and product practices.
- Ability to teach other non-technical customers/other team members information about the code.
- Participate in a Development team that is responsible for developing quality software.
- Create product using a “test-driven design” approach.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: grit, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, humility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with .NET Framework 3.5 and MS Visual Studio 2008.
- Clear understanding of software development practices and lifecycles.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented concepts.
- Knowledge of database management systems.
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter.
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details.
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects.
- Experience with industry best practices
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience in building scalable enterprise web based applications