IBM Research is seeking a Software Engineer to work at its Watson Research Lab in Yorktown Heights, NY.
You will work on a cutting-edge research projects. Given the fluid nature of research projects, you must be comfortable with constantly changing specifications and requirements, and be able to work with an inter-disciplinary team, which includes a hardware and FPGA development team and research physicists. You should have proven experience working on cross-disciplinary teams, demonstrated programming experience including C/C++, understanding of performance tradeoffs, and experience working with low-level hardware. A background in mathematics and/or digital signal processing is preferred. Experience interacting with custom hardware or FPGA is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area is required. U.S. Citizenship is required.
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in C/C++
- Basic familiarity with programing in a Linux environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- At least 8 years experience in C/C++
- At least 2 years experience in System level programming skills
- At least 2 years experience in Python
- Ability to use Microsoft office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project
- Working knowledge of LaTeX
- English-Fluent Eligibility Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship