Our IBM Bluemix Compute Virtualization team is seeking Software Engineers to join their Rochester, MN team. The main objective of this position is build APIs that we leverage for Virtual Server provisioning and management. This role will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies, work with elite developers and make an impact on the continued success of IBM.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, passionate about learning and delivering highly scalable solutions for a global service provider. We innovate together, seek challenges and strive to make IBM a place we are proud to work. If you are a talented professional who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered and understands the importance of personal accountability, we want to talk to you!
• Design and implement deliverables using Agile processes as part of the Virtualization Development Squads;
• Participate in on-call rotation for daily operations support;
• Coordinate with product owners and stakeholders in regular sprint cycles;
• Assist in driving evolution of overall development practices, including automated testing, defect tracking, and release/configuration management;
• Participate in code reviews.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a Software Engineer;
• Strong proficiency with OOP and knowledgeable of at least one language such as JAVA, PHP, Python, C#, or Go;
• Strong knowledge of SOA/web services – SOAP, REST, XML-RPC, XML, JSON;
• Experience with relational databases and SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL);
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Linux/UNIX;
• Experience working with large systems software design and development;
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and oral;
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technical discipline;
• Experience using an IaaS/Cloud Provider API
• Ability to model systems and create XML diagrams;
• Experience working with Microservice Architecture;
• Experience developing with technologies such as JMS, RabbitMQ, or Kafka;
• Experience using an ORM, version control tools, and continuous integration tools;
• Experience utilizing virtualization and container technologies.
High School Diploma/GED
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?