ABOUT THE JOB
Develop mainframe applications for internal business processes. Be a part of a dynamic team of developers to design, build and support solutions for various industries. Develop and support features for various products (RDBMS or Monitoring), and perform other enterprise developerresponsibilities. This role works within a team of software engineers responsible for building exgeneration enterprise applications in support of core business processes.
- 4 years professional experience
- Design, implement and maintain software components for assigned topics:
- Enhance existing components of the Software AG products
- Complete preliminary testing, and actively provide guidance, direction, and collaboration for QA, documentation and Usability.
- Code and Test features, fixes for various products
- Take ownership and ensure proactive closure for problem reports that fall within or appear to fall within area of responsibility; work closely with QA and technical support to quickly and successfully closeout problem reports.
Skills and Experience
- Solid knowledge and use of IBM Assembler
- Experience using automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge and experience with IBM z/OS
- 3-5 years software development experience
- Excellent time-management skills, and the ability to manage complexities and competing priorities
- Ability to combine judgment, experience, analytic and debugging skills, and business knowledge to make sound decisions
- Solid interpersonal/communication skills and experience coordinating information and activities among groups with differing agendas, across multi-functional areas
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering.
- B.A. Degree
Additional IT Skills:
- Sound knowledge of software development methodology, sound task-related skills.
- Knowledge and experience with z/OS utilities, JCL, editors
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- The employees are smart, friendly and welcoming
- Free underground parking – never get wet or shovel snow
- Health Insurance starts your first day on the job
- Three weeks paid vacation & three weeks paid sick leave
- 9 paid holidays (including a floating holiday and a community service day)
- 401(k) Plan with up to 5% employer match
- Business Casual office
- Kitchen on every floor with cable TV – also, subsidized snacks & cold drinks