Analyzes, develops, designs, and maintains software for the organization’s Enterprise Mobile Computing products and systems. Works with customers and sales in order to understand and correct product defects in order to improve products. The work will enable operational efficiencies for Enterprises across several verticle markets including retail, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, healthcare and more.
Design and develop software for customized hardware products running Android. The software will consist of device drivers, Linux kernel, and customization to the Android framework. The position includes working with customers to better understand their solution and needs in order to provide high quality solutions to enable efficiencies for the customer. The position also includes collaborating with engineers and customers world-wide.
- Designs, develops, and tests on a variety of software assignments that constitute a portion of a larger project.
- Investigates, diagnoses and corrects product defects along with adding new features/value to products.
- Develops and tests documentation which describes the specific software functionality.
- Participates and provides some input in project code reviews.
- Runs software tests designed by more experienced engineers.
- Reviews test results and perform root cause analyses to identify problems.
- Provides recommendations and implements solutions to complex issues. Insures compliance with quality process and standards.
- Makes changes to or upgrades existing software. Enhances and improves existing technologies to apply to new solutions.
- Makes and implements recommendations to immediate team to enhance performance and improve productivity.
- Seeks out new tools to analyze and solve problems.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, new projects or assignments.
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally.
- U.S. Only:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Work Experience (years): 0 to 2 years of experience.
- Key Skills and Competencies: Quantitative and problem solving skills?