We are seeking a high caliber Remote Care Product Engineer I. Working under general supervision, performs a variety of low to moderate risk Remote Care Product Engineering activities.
Employees act on their strong desire to make a difference, partner withothers and put ideas into action. Employees are engaged by a work culture that is team oriented, fast paced and progressive.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Work includes using an understanding of key algorithms and features of our Remote Care Products to drive engineering activities
- Appliesengineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems
- Effectively communicates moderately complex technical issues and solutions to non-technical internal and external customers
- Work involves identifying root causes and solutions for complex field issues in adherence to our Quality Systems Regulations
- Work may also include developing and executing system validation tests, developing database queries, developing and executing manual as well as automated validation scripts, and participating in cross-functional team investigations
- Exercises technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing, and/or coordinating engineering work. Remains abreast of and consults on technical advancements
- Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott's marketplace success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Biomedical Engineering
- Good understanding of software programming, software development, database management or network product servicing.
- Must have demonstrated personal computer skills and be able to perform complex word processing/spreadsheet tasks to perform documentation, presentation, and analysis activities.
- Requires demonstrated written and verbal communication, interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, quantitative, analytical, organizational, follow-up skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
- Must be able to perform in a diverse cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to deliver quality engineering information that adds value to managements decision making process.
- Evaluation, originality, and/or ingenuity required.
- Must be able to maintain regular and predictable attendance.