The successful candidate will work with other experienced engineering staff in one of our key locations (McLean, VA; Annapolis Junction, MD; Salt Lake City, UT; Sunnyvale, CA) to develop and deliver cutting-edge engineering solutions for the protection of our country.
The successful candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience in software development using C, C++, or Java
- Experience scripting with modern languages such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience using, and maintaining object relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Object-oriented design
- Familiarity with developing in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience working both in a team environment and individually
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Understanding of software development process concepts including requirements, documentation, source control, and testing
- Experience in UI software development with Qt or other cross-platform frameworks
- Experience with Linux/Unix shell scripting
- Linux OS system administration skills
- Experience using version control or source code management tools
- Experience with Human-Computer Interaction
- Experience with middleware and interfacing to external software applications
- Experience working with Big Data Analytics concepts and tools
- Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP
- Understanding of telecommunications, data communications systems, wireless communications concepts and/or signal processing fundamentals
- Experience with Amazon Web Services environment
- Effective communication skills (i.e. Oral, Written & Listening)
- Ability to work effectively on diverse multi-discipline teams
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Existing Top Secret clearance (Active within the last 24 months
Must have a BS / BA with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or other related field by Summer 2018 or have graduated 18 months prior to start date.