Software Engineer I
Less than 5 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
Responsibilities Software Engineer I
You’ll be supporting the US Army Software Engineering Directorate’s Targets IV&V Team. Principal duties will be the integration of missile Flight Software into a Six Degrees of Freedom (6DOF) based All-Digital-Simulation (ADS) and Processor-In-the-Loop (PIL) test bed architectures. This integration includes connectivity of synchronized operations between Six Degrees of Freedom (6DOF) models, GPS simulation, Thrust Vector Control (TVC) systems, Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT), and ordinance interfaces. Understanding of high fidelity modeling architectures is critical. You’ll conduct this integration, debugging, and verification work with the end state of providing a test capability to support formal IV&V test execution.
You’ll be conducting engineering analysis. To do this you’ll read and interpret software specifications, interface specifications, system specifications, and performance specifications. You’ll provide support in a configuration managed software environment, support internal and external meetings, have frequent customer interactions and coordinate and collaborate daily with other team members. You’ll provide IV&V Test support which includes the development of IV&V Test plans and procedures, assist in the execution of Formal IV&V testing, and prepare and archive test artifacts (configuration sheets, reports, etc.). Upon request, you assist in requirements analysis, review of developer and customer requirements documents, develop IV&V requirements traceability matrix, and assist in the analysis of test data results for purpose of preparing IV&V data review and final report.
Requirements Software Engineer I
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, electrical engineering or other related field or equivalent experience (8 years of directly related experience may be substituted for degree).
* Minimum of two years of applicable experience related to development or software testing of weapon system software (total of 10 years of directly related experience is required if no degree).
* Active Secret Security Clearance Required.
* Experience with integration of C, C++, or Fortran.
* Experience operating both Windows and Linux operating systems.
* Due to the nature of work we perform for the US Government, US Citizenship is required.
* Minimum of two years of applicable experience related to development or software testing of weapon system software, preferably missile software.
* Experience with analog, discrete, and message standards (RS-422, 232, telemetry streams, power, analog, and discrete signals).
* Familiarization with missile flight dynamics, guidance-navigation-control algorithms, and real-time operations.
* Ability to read/understand Software Specifications, interface specifications, System Specifications, performance specifications.
* Ability to operate in both Linux and Windows 7 and Windows 7 Virtual Machine (VM).
* Experience with RHEL and Windows command line operations and scripting are a plus.
* Understanding of high fidelity modeling architectures.
Preferred (not critical) Skills and Certifications:
Understanding of Information Assurance (IA) systems: Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
Understanding of backup/DR technologies and storage systems
Experience with STIG processes
Experience with Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
Experience with Linux
Understanding of Microsoft SQL components
Familiar with Microsoft IIS