Develop features for Kabbage's platform in a fast-paced, agile development environment with a focus on back-end systems and services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Play a critical role in the development, design, and maintenance of Kabbage's platform APIs and services.
- Architect large-scale distributed systems that ensure Kabbage's continued growth.
- Work across the engineering team to build new product features and services.
- Lead by example and mentor developers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Be a catalyst for driving best-in-class technology frameworks and tooling while staying engaged with the latest technology trends.
What we're looking for in you:
- Strong experience working in any of the following languages and frameworks: C#, Java, Python, WebApi, .Net Core, Entity Framework, SQL, Docker, Terraform, or Kubernetes.
- Comfortable with at least one modern front-end framework and can speak to its benefits (Angular, React, etc.)
- Understanding and interest in architectural patterns for highly available, scalable, low-latency, asynchronous systems (for example, well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Exposure to micro-services along with the benefits and challenges they bring.
- Experience with any cloud based provider like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Two or more years of relevant industry experience.
What you should have:
- Proactivity: Resourceful, has grit, and a positive “can do” attitude; acts without being told what to do.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Is cool with rapidly changing priorities and projects.
- Follow-through: Follows-through on items without being managed.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last minute requests and other high stress situations; Works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Analytical skills: Likes learning and learns quickly.
- Communication: Ability to speak clearly and with intent.