Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership role building and maintaining scientific databases at production scale.
- Design database schemas and associated software from high level functional requirements and team input.
- Collaborate effectively with experts in diverse scientific and engineering topics, including neuroscience, high performance scientific computing, computer vision, and web applications.
- Apply modern software engineering workflow, including emphasis on code review, continuous integration, and automatic testing.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Expert level development experience in at one general purpose, dynamically typed object-oriented language (Ruby, Python).
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks for building data-driven web applications.
- Proficient in SQL and database design.
- Experience with command line development tools in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with entire software toolchain, including source code management (git), build systems, debuggers, and profiling tools.
SWE I QUALIFICATIONS
- 0-3 years of relevant experience in a team oriented software development environment.
SWE II QUALIFICATIONS
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in a team oriented software development environment.
- Advanced degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Experience refactoring existing code bases to improve maintainability.
- Deep expertise in Linux server programming.