Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in engineering graduates to join our Software Development team in our Richardson, TX location. As a contributing member of the team, you will help design, implement, and enhance Fujitsu's next generation Flashwave fiber optical communications products. As a team member, working under the direction of other Senior Software Engineers and alongside SW & HW Engineers, you will be working on one or more phases of SW development from design and implementation to unit testing and system integration.
This position requires an understanding of software development and design practices. Prior telecom Internship and/or Co-op term experience in the field of product Development or Test is highly desired. Telecommunications product research or project work in college desired.
- Embedded or Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as Linux, OSE, VxWorks etc.
- Fundamental understanding of one of the following telecommunications concepts: SONET/SDH or DWDM, OTN standards, IP routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS), LMP, RSVP-TE, LACP,MPLS or Ethernet
- Good verbal and written communications skills along with an ability to work in a team environment will also be key assets
- Motivated, goal oriented, strong work ethic
- Ability to take the lead, responsible for project completion
- Flexible, adaptable and open to change
- Experience in core C/C++ development, Clean Coding and producing reusable and maintainable code
- Ability to collaborate on software development requirements and share innovative approach or ideas with team members.
- Skilled in analyzing and debugging interface issues between software layers and between software and hardware, source-level debuggers, etc.
- Familiar with ClearCase, MS Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.), familiar with test automation, and at least one scripting language (Python, PHP, Perl,…).TCL/Tk, Expect etc.
- Skilled in Agile methodologies, Scrums, Development framework and associated tools.
- Object-oriented Analysis and Design. Experience with Open Source Software (using or contributing to)
- Knowledge or experience in projects involving SDN/NFV, Big Data, Analytics is a bonus
- Bachelor or Masters of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent