Kelley Blue Book is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join our technical team and help develop innovative tools and applications. The Software Engineer writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
- Participate in development projects, both large and small, throughout the various phases of the project life cycle.
- Adhere to and incorporate best practices and development standards.
- Maintain existing code and functionality once it is assimilated into ongoing operations.
- An interest in sharing knowledge about new technologies with the team and facilitating the implementation of such technologies across projects.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Working knowledge of .NET and an understanding of classes and inheritance as well as the principles of code-reuse in object-oriented programming.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-2 years working experience
- Solid problem solving, technical troubleshooting, and decision-making skills, as well as excellent communication, initiative and teamwork.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Passionate about writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code
- A self-starter who is motivated by continuous learning and development
- Results oriented with a strong ability to prioritize and deliver results
- Strong collaborator and team player across internal and external team members