• Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
• Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
• Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
• Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
• Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
• Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
• Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
• Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
• Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
Advice and Guidance
• Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
Emerging Technology Monitoring
• Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
• Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
• Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
• Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
• Working experience in analysis, design and programming
• Working experience with appropriate database technology • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
• Scrum Developer Certification or equivalent
• 0 – 2 years of working experience