The Software Engineer role is responsible for taking technology innovations to the next level. The primary responsibility of the position will be to design and develop the technology that enables great customer experiences. This will include developing production grade code through vision, definition, planning, execution, deployment and sustainment.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Develop production grade code: through vision, definition, planning, execution, deployment and sustainment.
- Partner with Product Management to build great customer experiences.
- Work with technology leadership to identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our overall platform performance and ultimate customer experience.
- Ensure consistency, reliability, supportability and observability is executed and maintained across our services.
- Effectively communicate to pull people together and enable them to find solutions to challenges they encounter.
- Analyze product tradeoffs and deliver simple and intuitive products that just work.
- Develop relationships with diverse teams spanning all organizational levels.
- Model and act in accordance with MGM mission and values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field; or equivalent education and experience.
- Strong understanding of all software layers including UI, service, data store and communication layers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience delivering commercial cloud and backend software products and services at enterprise to internet scale or experience in a related area.
- Previous experience with software development in a production environment (java/C++/other).
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Previous experience with distributed computing, enterprise-wide systems, agile-based development, Scrum, Kanban or other agile methodology and experience working in a DevOps culture and with distributed teams.