At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today,94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Entry-level position responsible for development, infrastructure and support of systems and tools that help maximize efficiency and effectiveness of executing Abbott Clinical Trials globally. Assignments may include but are not limited to designing and developing clinical trialdatabases, developing and supporting technology solutions for clinical trial management, designing data models, conducting code reviews, and maintaining and supporting clinical systems infrastructure.
- Develops simple software solutions to streamline management and execution of clinical trials using technologies such as ASP.NET (C#), AngularJS and PL/SQL.
- Develops Software Requirements and Design Specifications
- Builds and supports clinical study databases using Oracle Clinical Database Management System based on requirements provided by Clinical Data Analysts utilizing development standards
- Develops error validation functionality to improve user experience and to ensure the integrity of clinical study databases
- Develops custom utilities to streamline Oracle Clinical interfaces to various clinical and non-clinical systems using Oracle PL/SQL and ASP.NET
- Maintains and supports existing applications through development of new features and enhancements
- Maintains and administers security and access control for the Abbott Clinical Affairs Organization
- Develops simple solutions to streamline software configuration/release management
- Maintains and supportsinfrastructure for all systems and tools supported by Clinical Data Systems, including software installations, configuration and deployment
- Works under a general supervision and guidance from more senior peers and/or manager
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- 1-2years of development experience with ASP.NET (C#)
- 1-2years of database modeling/design experience with SQL
- Basic understanding of systems administration on one of the following platforms: Unix, Linux, MacOS
- A working familiarity with Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Associates Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Sylmar :15900 Valley View Court