Job Description Summary
Contributes to the development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation and post implementation support of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on moderately complex issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides software development services typically in a defined moderately complex project
- Conducts a wide range of moderately complex quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Makes recommendations on process improvements
- Determines software design requirements
- Reviews software policies, standards and procedures and make recommendations for change.
- Leads users in the planning of user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing
- Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow
- Manage environments, Implement/Deploy software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
Other Job Duties
- Creates Conceptual approach, Estimation, Detailed design, Software Deployment Guide, Supplemental or non functional specification
- Defines and documents software installation and configuration processes.
- Coordinates and communicates applications support activities with key stakeholders
- Reviews platform requirements and coordinates with vendors and other IT groups in building/maintaining hardware, 3rd party software, patches and network related components to comply with IT standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.