We are seeking a high caliber Software Engineer I for Software Verification. Working under general supervision, performs specialized software verification project activities. Assignments may include, but are not limited to, analyzing requirements and providing test strategy feedback, developing, maintaining, enhancing test strategies and test designs (protocols) and implementing, debugging, maintaining automated/semi-automated test code/scripts.
Work requires the application of theoretical engineering principles, evaluation, ingenuity and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more academic course of specialized study. Applies engineering principles while investigating and resolving technical problems in a creative manner. Exercises level appropriate technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing, and/or coordinating engineering work. Stays abreast of and communicates technical advancements to colleagues and associates. Routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
- Contributes to and supports gathering, analyzing, and formalizing requirements (design input)
- Working from requirement specifications (design input), develops, maintains, and updates detailed test strategies and test design/protocols
- Participates in and supports the implementation, debugging, enhancements, and modifications to software test code and test procedures (automated, semi-automated or manual)
- Debugs, troubleshoots, and isolates software and software test problems as well as offers strategic solutions, analysis, and advice regarding identified issues for future development
- Identifies parameters, structure, and critical test components
- Writes, updates, and maintains requirement and interface specifications
- Contributes to and supports root-cause analysis of issues encountered with product or test code.
- Presents at test design and test code reviews; documents and resolves issues as directed
- Contributes to and supports reviews held by other engineers on related projects and provide useful feedback.
- Reviews project deliverables such as specifications, code, and test/tool procedures for feasibility, thoroughness, clarity, correctness, and accuracy.
- Contributes to and supports a variety of software test activities/efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or a related engineering field
6 months of related experience
- Experience with C#, C/C++ and/or Java is desired
- Experience with mobile application testing and mobile application testing tools for iOS and Android is desired
- Experience with formal software development methodologies, and source code management is recommended
- Experience with unit- and integration-level testing and automated testing is recommended
- Experience with testing implantable medical device firmware is desired
- Experience with testing Bluetooth Low Energy
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance