Working under general supervision, the Software Engineer I performs specialized level software project activities in such areas as Development, Tools, Test, Requirements and/or related areas. Assignments may include, but are not limited to, analyzing requirements, planning andscheduling data, updating and maintaining different software specifications based on analysis of specifications, needs and improvements, as well as troubleshooting, debugging, and maintaining of software, test, or tool designs, cases, scripts, procedures, and/or code based on strategic analysis. Work requires the application of theoreticalengineering principles, evaluation, ingenuity and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more academic course of specialized study. Appliesengineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems in a creative manner unique to each study. Exercises level appropriate technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing, and/or coordinatingengineeringwork
- Working from requirement specifications, develops, maintains, and updates detailed design and interface specifications;
- Participates in and supports the implementation, development, enhancements, and modifications to software source code, scripts, and procedures;
- Debugs, troubleshoots, and isolates software problems as well as offers strategic solutions, analysis, and advice regarding identified issues for future development;
- Identifies parameters, structure, and critical test components. Writes, updates, or executes test design, cases, as well as procedures and reports results.
- Maintain, manage and administer software development support tools (CM, bug tracking etc…) and infrastructure.
- Presents at design reviews; documents and resolves issues as directed.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental.Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering or related engineering field.
- 0-6 months of related experience.
- Experience with visual modeling, graphical user interfaces, multi-threading, networking, relational databases, formal software development methodologies, and source code management is recommended.