If you are detail-oriented, creative, and technically skilled in the basics of embedded software design & development, and wish to be part of a world-class organization, please read on!
As our next Software Engineer you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team using structured processes to develop embedded software for demanding aerospace applications with focus on documentation and coding. You will participate in design reviews and perform analyses / testing to improve design quality and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate effectively with senior technical staff and all functional groups to achieve product performance and cost targets.
- Develop software requirements and software design. Implement code, test and debug.
- Develop test procedures and test scripts to validate software.
- Perform design analysis and participate in work product peer reviews
- Support other software activities (e.g. software tool)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in embedded avionics software development and verification. (May consider less experience for the right ambitious candidate demonstrating willingness to learn and grow).
- Experience writing high and low-level software requirements (understand system/interface).
- Leadership capability and desire to take the lead of others in projects.
- Basic programming in C/C++ is highly desired. Embedded Software and Aerospace a plus.
- Self-directed and motivated to work and communicate on a cross-functional team that consists of several engineering and manufacturing disciplines.
- Effective English communication in presentations, analyses, and reports.
- Design and Verification experience per DO178B and C, a plus.
- Experience working for an Aerospace or equivalent company with regard to the rigor of software creation and hardware design with emphasis on safety.
- Bachelor’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
Employment Eligibility Requirement:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible. Because we contract with the US Department of Defense we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).