come and join our successful, energetic development team! Heartland Business Systems is ranked #6 in the USA as a Kentico CMS partner. Heartland is also proud to count one of only 11 Kentico MVP’s worldwide as a team member.
A successful candidate loves working in a positive, collaborative team environment that thrives on providing innovative software solutions to our clients using either a custom solution or a solution that uses a CMS as a starting framework.
- Problem solve in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Design, coding, unit testing and documentation of software
- Innovate utilizing cutting-edge technologies
- Utilize CMS systems to provide a foundation framework for customer web applications
- Create custom applications in the Microsoft stack
- Leverage reusable services to build composite applications
- Estimate development effort required to deliver projects
- Develop software utilizing secure coding practices
- Provide application support with focus on customer satisfaction and quality
- Follow Agile development practices for delivering software components
- Presales consulting to frame in solution architectures
- Participate and drive blog posts, user groups and events
- Desire to work in a fun, team-focused, collaborative environment where we build each other up and work to provide an outstanding client experience
- Desire to develop applications in a fast-paced consulting environment
- Desire to mentor others in growing skillset to succeed
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies to deliver solutions
- Good time management skills
- Able to triage basic issues including performance issues
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight timeframes
- Produce high quality work deliverables leveraging defined methods / standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Consulting experience, preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business or I.T. related discipline, preferred.
- 6+ years’ experience building web-based applications, preferred.
- Working knowledge of .NET including C#, ASP.NET MVC, and ADO.NET/Entity Framework, required.
- Object oriented development experience utilizing design patterns and dependency injection, required.
- Working knowledge of SQL utilizing MS SQL Server, required.
- Experience with JS frameworks (Angular, Node, Vue, React, Knockout, jQuery), preferred.
- Experience with REST/SOAP, API development, preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD, Azure DevOps, automated ALM pipelines, preferred.
- Experience developing applications using Kentico or another CMS, preferred.
- Experience in performance tuning applications, preferred.
- Experience developing Xamarin apps, preferred.
- Experience developing cloud first applications in Microsoft Azure, preferred.
- Experience developing IoT applications, preferred.
Kentico developer certification, preferred.