The Personal Lines development team is seeking motivated, results oriented individuals with strong technical skills and technical leadership experience. The responsibilities of Software Engineer include:
- Work closely with development team members (QA Test Leads, Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Customers) to design, develop, implement and support complex business solutions.
- Contribute to and promote teamwork in a multi-vendor environment developing complex multi-layered enterprise applications
- Oversee technical deliverables for invest and maintenance projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
- Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or integrity of the application environment.
- Work closely with stakeholders to design and document solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in IT systems analysis and application program development
- Hands-on experience with Java and J2EE technologies, such as, Java Web Services, JSP, XML, and JDBC
- Kana Enterprise Platform or Ciboodle Business Process Development and Ciboodle Core Product Features a plus
- Strong understanding of OOPS concepts and ability to develop detailed application designs using proven industry patterns and best practices
- Thorough understanding and experience using relational databases preferably Oracle or SQL Server
- Requires understanding & usage of J2EE technologies like Java Web Services, JMS and JDBC
- Experience using ACORD based schema/XML is a plus
- Superior organization skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills