Experienced Software Engineer with solid background in JAVA application development, Java Messaging Service (JMS), Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), scriptinglanguages (BASH, Python), and Linux for use by Harris government customers. Basic background in networking would be a plus. This position includes supporting an existing operational SOA-based messaging service, legacy applications, enterprise-wide applications and software upgrades. Responsibilities to include:
- Develop JAVA applications
- Configure and customize open source and third party middleware SOA products
- Use tools for source control and issue tracking
- Support the evaluation of web architecture and process improvements
- Troubleshoot applications developed in-house and by external developers
- Provide application support for individual users and enterprise-wide applications used by the division
- Willing to work shift work as required to support operational deployments
- Bachelor of Science in CS/SW/CE/EE and 3-6 years of experience
- Master’s Degree counts towards up to 2 years of experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with some of the following technologies: JAVA, XML, XQuery, SQL, Linux, SOA, ActiveMQ, CXF, Camel and/or Oracle Middleware products.
- Experience gathering and interpreting requirements
- Must be able to review code, locate problems, provide and receive feedback on code
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with HTML5, CSS 3, GIT, JIRA, STASH, Eclipse, SQL Developer, and Agile/Kanban.
- Should be able to self-start and solve problems quickly.
- Good organizational skills, excellent problem solving skills, excellent communication skills, and a willingness to work with teams and individuals.
- Should demonstrate the ability to learn new skills, meet deadlines, embrace new technologies, and follow process.