Software Engineer responsible for research, design, development, and integration of software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development. Requires the application of the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Consults with electrical or mechanical engineers and otherengineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements of the overall system. Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming and documentation. Technologies utilized by the systems include Java, C++, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with at least 3 plus years of experience or equivalent.
- Recent years of experience in development, maintenance, troubleshooting and investigating software problems for Red Hat Linux based implementation
- A strong, first-hand knowledge of maintaining the software baseline in ClearCase and strategies for managing multiple baselines in the same tool.
- Able to design, write, and review code in C++ and/or Java
- Strong experience and knowledge of software test approaches to recommend appropriate testing of software in a complex integration environment.
- Excellent ability to analyze problems and to focus and drive down to the root cause of problems quickly.
- Strong skills in scripting (BASH and Python)
- Understanding of CMMI Level 3 software development processes.
- Able to work in a small program environments and have good communications skills.
Job Code: SIS20171408-20349