Harris Corporation is seeking a Software Engineer to develop and maintain capabilities for an Airport Traffic Management/Collaborative Decision Making suite of products. You will be part of a team that is responsible for assessing, sizing and developing software to enhance and maintain the product set. This software is used by major airports and is critical to their operation.
- Develop and maintain high quality software based on established requirements within an Agile sprint cycle.
- Assess enhancement requests and bug fixes to establish level of effort.
- Participate in design and planning sessions providing appropriate feedback.
- Assist and support other members of the software development team.
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues.
- Develop and maintain relevant design and operation documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related field) and a minimum of 3 years of applicable experience.
- Experience developing critical software, front-end and back-end, in Java using an IDE such as NetBeans or Eclipse.
- Experience developing critical software that interacts with an RDBMS and/or Messaging System.
- Familiarity with software coding best practices and design patterns.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working with a distributed source code management system such as GIT.
- Experience working with Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Familiarity with aviation terms and concepts.