Harmonia Holdings Group, LLC has been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies in the United States for the past 10 years and was selected in 2019 as a Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 company. We are a 2019 Northern Virginia Technology Council Tech 100 company and are a Great Place to Work-Certified organization! Every bit of our success is the result of a team of incredibly talented, dedicated, and hard-working professionals who are the heart and soul of Harmonia!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering, familiarity with DevSecOps, experience working in a Navy or other DoD environment, excellent communication skills, and be willing to work at the client site as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in research, design, and software implementation of solutions within an Agile, team environment, helping to develop solutions for challenging problems.
- Translate design requirements and specifications into successful implementations.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot software solutions in a government environment.
- Implement and maintain DevSecOps processes, including CI/CD and security scans, addressing and tracking vulnerabilities to closure as needed.
- Prepare for and assist with integration exercises and events where software is vetted and integrated with other systems.
- Identify and implement improvements in performance, installation, or other areas to enhance and validate solution and installation process.
- Maintain high levels of knowledge, skill, and competencies in software development for an extensive range of project types.
- Work in a team environment and share knowledge.
- Proactively enforce standards and best practices.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Due to customer related requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, or related field.
- 3-5 years of prior professional experience as a software engineer/developer using Python or Java is required.
- Active SECRET Clearance is required and the ability to maintain such clearance.
- Working knowledge of software development processes including installation and maintenance of software in a DoD environment.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Work well in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong programming skills with a good understanding of project cycles, software development environments, and source control techniques.
- Experience working on research projects is preferred.
- Experience in the following a plus: Microservices, Web Services, Kubernetes/OpenShift, Docker.
- Prior DoD or Navy project experience a plus.
- TS/SCI clearance is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong customer service/client facing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines. Experience working on a software product from development to production deployment.
- Preference is for onsite in CA office; some travel may be required
At Harmonia, we are pleased to offer competitive compensation and a dynamic, productive work environment. Benefits include employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; gym/wellness reimbursement; 401(k) matching; 501(c)(3) donation matching; paid holidays; generous paid time off; training reimbursement; and an Employee Assistance Program.
Harmonia is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or genetics. Harmonia does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.