Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Teradata Labs is looking for candidates interested in solving next generation big data problems leveraging modern and open source tools and frameworks in combination with tried and true best-in-class technologies. You will create software that will be cloud ready, scale able, distributed and able to handle large volumes of data with low latency and high availability.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
• You must be able to architect, design, develop, document and implement software across product lines leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, automated and test driven environment.
• Comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
• You are able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on-premise or in hybrid environments.
• You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple yet highly functional interfaces. You firmly believe that user experience is the responsibility of every software engineer.
• You have experience with and passion for Infrastructure virtualization including Docker, Kubernetes or similar tools.
• You should be able to debug complicated customer and product issues and provide fixes and/or solutions in a timely manner.
• You should be able to mentor junior members of the team and provide feedback on their designs and code.
• You must have experience with SQL technologies and can comfortably leverage them to develop new products / solutions.
• You are knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use / extend them where appropriate to develop solutions.
• You should be able to investigate and recommend technologies appropriate to develop solutions.
Tools and Experience:
• Key Concepts: Enterprise Applications, Web, Cloud, DevOps, Big Data, UX/UI design
• Web: REST Web Services, Angular.js, Web Components, LESS/SASS
• RDBMS: Teradata, PostgreSQL, MySql, etc.
• CI/CD and Automation: Jenkins, TeamCity, Ansible, Ant, Gradle
• Cloud and Virtualization: Docker, Kubernetes, VirtualBox, VMWare, Ansible, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
• US Master’s with 3 years of experience or BS with 5 years of experience
• 8+ years experience in software design and development
• 3+ year experience with REST, JSON, Web Services, Openstack
• 5+ years of experience with Java, As A Service offerings
• Experience with Continuous integration and continuous deployment models – tools similar to Jenkins, TeamCity, Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
• Strong history of producing software with high code coverage with automated tests
• Development of enterprise applications
• Experience with leading cloud implementations such as AWS or Azure
• Experience with building scalable applications for cloud platforms
• Design of new applications for multiple deployment platforms – on-prem, hosted, cloud.
• Strong technical and product communication skills. Ability to share technical proposals with architectural councils and product implementations with customers
• History of building and releasing software for large enterprise customers
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field – Masters degree in computer science preferred.
Hiring in our San Diego, CA offices.