At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. Our team of full-service agile research experts—experienced in multiple industries and tried-and-true methodologies, not just agile ones—uses our online qualitative and quantitative platform to help clients make more confident business decisions by connecting them with their target consumers more often and earlier on in development.
Through the fusion of technological advancements, methodology, and human expertise, we help clients strengthen their business, support innovative product development, and evolve their expertise with every insight. We believe in the power of consumer feedback, and we are dedicated to providing the right solutions at the right time, helping clients think smarter and act faster.
About the role
You will work closely with the Product development team, as well as the broader Engineering team, to craft scalable, well-designed solutions within our market research platform. We have a focus on quality, automation, and innovation, and will encourage you to think creatively when choosing tools and approaches. Our team offers an environment where trust and innovation are encouraged, we set aside our egos, and we collaborate effectively to ensure that we’re putting out the best possible product for all stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Tee It Up! Live by and champion our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- You will be responsible for maintaining and creating products within all-tiers of our technology stack (AngularJS, Java, Postgres, Wildfly, etc.)
- Bring a passion for learning, contributing to keeping our application up-to-speed with the latest proven technologies and design approaches
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- You’ll work on improving our existing Market Research Platform
- Must be on-call on a rotational basis, which includes small amounts of after hours support (less than 2 issues/month)
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
What You May Also Do (Other Job Responsibilities)
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives
- 3rd party integrations
- Participate in Business Intelligence Projects/ETL/Big Data work
- You may spend roughly 10% of your time working on special, innovative projects
- Typically you’ll have four to five years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- You have strong communication skills and ability to work with corporate stakeholders and technical experts (and you’ll get that chance!)
- You have demonstrated knowledge of SQL
- You are not afraid to dig into new technologies to help solve problems
- You have experience with ES2015 or TypeScript
- You are comfortable collaborating with the UI/UX team to turn ideas into software
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- You’re a high-level critical thinker who is capable of solving complex problems
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- You have experience with various CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- You have working knowledge of various application servers including, but not limited to, Tomcat, Wildfly
- You have used Spring in a professional environment
- You have knowledge of ORM Frameworks (e.g. Hibernate/JPA) or BPM tools (jBPM, etc)
- You have experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Couchbase, Dynamo, etc.)
- You have experience with Selenium automation testing framework
- You have experience with Unit Testing frameworks (e.g. Jasmine, Karma, Junit, Mockito, Arquillian, etc.)