See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Software Engineer
REPORTING TO: Director of Software Engineering
LOCATION: New York City or Williamsburg, VA preferred; other locations considered
As a member of the Technology team, this candidate will take part in designing, building, and ensuring the quality and security of Candid’s software.
- Build high quality software solutions that deliver value for customers.
- Full stack development of software, including design, back-end and front-end implementation, code review, unit and automated testing.
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand solution requirements.
- Practice Agile software development.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including architects, UX designers, data engineers, and quality assurance, to achieve sprint commitments.
- Communicate respectfully and effectively, learn quickly, function with limited supervision, estimate and prioritize own work, solve issues, identify blockers, and ask for advice as needed.
- Learn new technologies, seek opportunities to improve existing software, analyze risks and trade-offs.
- College degree in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, design, and testing.
- Proactive self-starter who is results oriented and performs well as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable, with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to accurately assess and solve problems.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Sensitive and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- 3+ years of experience in .NET/.NET Core, C#, ASP.NET MVC, and Web Application Development.
- Object Oriented Programming.
- CSS/HTML/JS and responsive design.
- Relational databases, T-SQL and SQL Server, Entity Framework, and LINQ.
- Experience with JSON and REST APIs/Web Services.
- Experience working on large code base and using version control (Git) and configuring DevOps.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum framework.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud.
- Elasticsearch or search/analytics engine(s).
- Knowledge of web security best practices.
- Experience with Docker and Docker containers.