Software Engineer - GTS (Santa Monica, CA)
You will become part of GTS (Global Technology Services) team and will join the engineering team integrating and implementing world-class enterprise software. You will be the subject matter expert and go-to resource for technical and non-technical co-workers as well as clients in one or more of our data integration workflows. Youwill work with project managers, partners and clients to identify gaps in functionality to create new technical solutions that support client specific functional requirements. You will work closely with our internaldevelopment team to decompose technical problems. To be a good fit for this position you will have blend of technical, analytical, & organizational skills. You will also have proven ability to deliver under pressure and within deadlines and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization.
In this role, you will...
- Analyze user requirements and create, assimilate and convey technical specifications in a concise and effective manner
- Code & deliver the work product, with a first-time right approach
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more data integration/ web services workflows, having the abilityto provide technical guidance to clients integrating to a SaaS solution, and acting as a technical expertto mentor/ assist peer engineers
- Serve as a point-of-escalation for engineer community; anticipate and remove technical roadblocks, as needed
- Assist the Project Manager, Consulting & Implementation teams to summarize client requests and suggest enhancements to existing applications and/or processes
- Quickly determine root cause of technical issue and create plan to attack
- Be responsible for the quality of engineering team: Ability to perform system/ unit tests of all aspects of code changes to ensure meeting the system and client requirements
- Interact with US & India based development teams, QA teams and Release teams
- Work closely with Project Manager/ Integration Consultant. Communicate technical issues, projectdetails & individual status
You've got what it takes if you have...
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- A strong ability to show you are hands on in designing, coding, debugging, technical problem solving, prototyping, performance tuning, and unit testing
- A technical background, with experience identifying solutions that integrate Enterprise applications, SaaS or other complex services. Key skills and experiences would include working with Microsoft .NET, XML, WCF, REST. Experience developing and consuming web services. SSO/SAML implementation experiencepreferred.
- SQL Server Coding experience including, but not limited to:
- T-SQL Queries with all types of Joins in Procedures, Triggers, Cursors
- Using Common Table Expression (CTE), Aggregate functions, Cross Tab queries, Pivot & Un-Pivot queries
- Writing Table Valued Functions& Scalar Functions
- Creating SSIS Package
- SQL Error handling
- Query Performance Tuning
- Experience with EAI/ 3rd party integrations. Experience with software integration as a consultantpreferred with target platforms or technologies: Microsoft, PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, Siebel, or Salesforce.com
- A strong understanding of the project life cycle process to effectively manage through the complexities of the business solution
- Experience in full lifecycle software development process and methods
- Communication skills and problem solving/ analytical skills