Summary: The primary functions of this role will be in support of the OMS development team. OMS is GTL’s enterprise jail management system. The qualified individual will be a full stack engineer and will be primarily focused on building integrations between OMS and internal and external systems, as well as some core application feature development in support GTL’s broad product offering.
Software Engineer Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Software development (including unit and integration testing) of defined Architecture/Design
- Contribute to Architecture and Object Oriented Design
- Design and implement interactive applications that are highly visible within large government and commercial organizations
- Database Design and Programming
- Building interfaces with other GTL applications and third party systems
Software Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of Software Engineering experience, with a minimum of 2 years implementing enterprise-scale, distributed, and data-centric applications experience.
- Experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming in Java
- Experience in Object Oriented and Java EE Design Patterns and Related Frameworks (e.g. Spring Framework, Hibernate, Ajax, JQuery, etc.)
- Knowledge of Java EE technologies (JSP, Servlets, EJB, etc.), application servers, and Web Services (SOAP, REST).
- Experience with SQL scripting and queries.
The following technical skills are desirable and will be considered as a plus:
- Scrum or experience in similar Agile development methodologies
- Experience with building and maintaining micro services.
- Modern front-end technologies / frameworks such as Angular, React, jQuery, CSS3, HTLM5, Less, Sass
- Open Source technologies such as Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Log4j, Eclipse RCP, MySQL / MariaDB, OAuth
- Integrated Development Environments, Case Tools, Design Patterns, and Object Oriented Development
- XML and related technologies such as XSLT, XSD, XQuery, XPath, Soap UI
- RDBMS such as MSSQL and Oracle
- Integration / ESB technologies such as Mule, Informatica, Spring Integration
- Web and Java EE Application Services such as Tomcat, JBoss/Wildfly, etc.
- Continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI / CD) with Jenkins, Gitlab, or similar
- Code profiling, analytics, monitoring, and optimization tools
- Containerization & container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes