Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Graphics Software Engineer at Google, you will have the opportunity to pioneer, develop and build out our stunning visual experiences. You may investigate, prototype and implement solutions to achieve the highest quality graphics possible in software and consumer hardware. You have experience in one or more areas of computer graphics; areas may include rendering, mathematics, computational geometry, graphic frameworks and libraries or other graphic related technologies.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience with computer graphic frameworks and libraries, including but not limited to OpenGL, DirectX, or Vulkan.
- Professional coding experience in C/C++, Java, Python or Go.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science with an emphasis on graphics.
- Experience with 3D rendering, GPU optimization or optimized rendering engines.
- Experience with mathematics, computational geometry, or other graphic related technologies.
- Experience with graphics hardware architecture.