Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Software Engineer opening to join our clients’ organization.
Our client is looking to add team members who enjoy developing software, care about code quality, and are committed to craftsmanship.
They create software responsible for monitoring, reporting, and analyzing some of the largest software applications in the world. They enjoy their work as much as they enjoy working together and want developers who can get things done while having a positive influence on their workplace environment.
Our client creates management extensions developed in Java, C++, C#, Kotlin and JRuby. They use Ruby and Python for all our testing and scripting needs. Because their management extensions are deployed on several operating systems, they work with several flavors of Linux, Unix, and Windows. Our client also encourage and set aside time for developers to create tooling and applications to improve their workflows.
Our client is looking for people who have already demonstrated the ability to become experts in the tools and languages they are using. They are less concerned about what tools and languages you currently know than they are about your aptitude to quickly learn and adapt to the changing development landscape. People who are a good fit at our client have personal projects that make their developers say wow, would rather read tech blogs than read about their high school classmates on Facebook, and install Gentoo Linux for fun on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
· Writes software to implement features and fix bugs identified by the Product Owners and QA.
· Understands, interprets and challenges technical requirements and assumptions from Product Owners.
· Researches target technologies to become a subject matter expert.
· Develops automation tooling and other process improvements to increase efficiency.
· Participates in daily stand-ups and other process meetings.
· Radiates project status, risks and blockers to appropriate stakeholders.
· Participates and demonstrates continuous learning to improve oneself as a Software Engineer.
· Experience developing software in at least one tech stack (.Net, Java, iOS, etc) required.
· Experience with the components of an enterprise IT data center such as databases, networking, storage and virtualization preferred.
· Experience with IT monitoring tools preferred
· Ability to quickly learn and develop in additional programming languages required.
· Bachelor’s degreerequired.
People and Environment
Our client employs individuals in all the roles of a typical tech company including system administrators, analysts, quality assurance engineers, software engineers, marketing, product management, and more. Currently, they have approximately twenty-five employees in their office ranging from the CEO to local university interns. The majority of their staff members are young and enthusiastic professionals with a strong interest in technology, both as a career and a hobby, making the office environment a fun and vibrant place to work. In addition to getting along in the workplace, employees enjoy going out to lunch and hanging out after work together, as well as attending company outings.
They maintain an open and inviting work environment, complete with an open floor plan, couches, and collaborative workspaces. Their belief in working from the office when possible, but also allow working remotely circumstances on occasion or when circumstances warrant it. The workstations typically consist of the latest model MacBook Pro Laptop and a large screen external display, issued to the employee. If you have a preferred tool, book, or related item that you want and will commit to using it, the client will buy it. Their office provides ample time and space for taking breaks and enjoying yourself during the work day. They currently have a foosball table, chessboards, and other activities people can take advantage of for breaks or after-work hangouts.