Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for designs, development, modifications, debugging and/or maintaining software systems; serves as an expert on specific modules, application or technologies, and deal with complex assignments during the software development life cycle.
What will your job look like?
- You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications
- You will address technical issues relating to software implementation, function, and upgrades
- You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, supportable and demo the software products to stakeholders
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, suggest fixes and workarounds, and reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions
- You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals
- You will be accountable for your specific work and provide technical support for new implementation
- You will bring continuous improvements/efficiencies to the software or business processes by utilizing software engineering tools and various innovative techniques and reusing existing solutions. By means of automation, reducing design complexity, and reducing time to response
- You will demonstrate strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
All you need is...
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- Combined overall 2-3 years of experience (that may include professional, coursework, Labs/Projects) in writing software code in at least one programming language
- 2-3 years of knowledge in Unix/Linux (e.g., professional, coursework, Labs/Projects)
- Good knowledge in Object Oriented Design and development
Even better if you have…
- Database maintenance services (MySQL, Cassandra)
- REST API Design
- Azure DevOps
Why you will love this job:
- Take part in a wide scope of activities and will be challenged with design and develop new solutions
- We are a dynamic, multi-cultural organization that constantly innovates and empowers our employees to grow. Our people are passionate, and phenomenal teammates stand by each other with a dedication to create a diverse and inclusive workplace!
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will be part of multicultural team of people who impact lives of people around the world, every single day