The Software Engineer engages in a variety of analytical and programming assignments that facilitate the development, enhancement, and maintenance of software applications and operating systems, as related to Heartland ECSI’s client server and web environments.
This includes the testing, implementation and documentation of developed code(s) in a manner consistent with Production requirements.
About Heartland ECSI:
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA; Heartland's ECSI division, is the nation’s leading student loan management and higher education business solutions provider to more than 1800 colleges and universities across the country.
ECSI, a Global Payments Company, is about providing value to colleges and universities, not just providing a product or service. Our SelectSM Solutions are more than just selecting options from a menu.
It is about customizing a solution that fits your institution’s needs. Our solutions work in-sync to provide the highest quality with the most value.
ECSI's SelectSM solutions include loan servicing, payment processing, refund disbursements, tax document management, tuition payment plans, account recovery, and many other outsource services.
About Our Parent Company
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading worldwide provider of payment technology services that delivers innovative solutions driven by customer needs globally.
Our technologies, partnerships and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of products and services that allow our customers to accept all payment types across a variety of distribution channels in many markets around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the analysis effort to derive system requirements to meet business objectives as defined by customers.
- Develops and prepares documents for the design of solutions that meet customer, system and security requirements.
- Develop code in accordance with the design to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct unit testing of application code to ensure it produces the intended results.
- Conduct system integration testing of application code to ensure it produces the intended results and to ensure the changes do not adversely impact the intended results of the overall application system.
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure the implementation of code changes does not adversely impact the overall performance of the application system.
- Creates program ‘builds’ to implement new programs and program changes into the Production environment.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections for future
- Writes documentation for Operations to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Assists customers to solve operating problems by recreating steps taken by the customer to identify root cause and to develop program fixes to correct errors.
- Develops time estimates for systems development and upgrades to existing systems.
- Takes opportunity to keep current with new technology trends and seeks education necessary to learn and apply new skills.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of their assignments.
- Participates in post mortems and create recommendations to eliminate future application errors.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, and five years related experience and/or training.
- C# Programming Language
- ASP.Net MVC5
- ASP.Net Web API
- SQL Server
- Agile Development
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Rules Engine
- Unit Test Framework such as N-Unit or Microsoft Unit Test
- Up to 16 days of PTO
- 7 paid holidays
- Full Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance benefits ( after 30 days employment)
- Cafeteria on site
- Gym on site
- Casual work environment