Tesla is seeking an amazing software engineer to lead full life cycle development of front end web solutions, for Gigafactory 1 battery programs. The position is based in Reno/Tahoe, Nevada. You will revolutionize every facet of how a user interfaces with test automation equipment.
The Software Engineer will work to develop front end webUIs as well as deep dive into data science solutions for each test system for Model 3 and Energy. The Software Engineer will work closely with manufacturing and test engineering peers.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, and lead-time limits. ?
- Able to define most efficient plan for testing, focusing on test time reduction to promptly release test software. ?
- Interact with various design, manufacturing, and firmware teams throughout project ?
- Establish clear, concise software test plans
- Be able to define and develop unit tests and unit test libraries to ensure code development is robust and production ready.
- Establish great working relationships with team members and cross functional teams. ?
- Continually design and implement improvements to released software. The ideal candidate takes pride in their hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. They look forward to learning an incredible amount on the job. ?
- BS in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering or a related discipline
- Web Development with 5years’ experience in JS, CSS, and HTML
- Design experiencepreferred. Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong background in Data. Experienced with MSSQL, MySQL, and SQLite
- Front end focused but will be asked to learn and deep dive into actor frameworks (Google Go and Featherweight which is based in LabVIEW)
- Web server infrastructure maintenance and development
- Machine learning algorithm experience
- Pythonexperienceis a must
- Python - heavy Pandas experience for data science algorithm creation