GE Healthcare is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on it's business. The role involves software serviceability in the MR Imaging modality involving modern technologies, working on POCs and product integration of new serviceability offerings into the MR product segments.
You will be responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and work with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently. As a software engineer in serviceability, you will also need to explore new technologies for Field Service Engineer efficiency and user experience.
In this role you will:
• Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Explore web technologies for the serviceability offerings to make them web compatible, adopt it
• for MR product lines for serviceability and productivity
• Act as support for other teams with OS and core Linux system questions
• Develop software features that can be launched on multiple topological combinations (local host, cloud, fog, etc.) for MR scanners for
• better efficiency and productivity
• Collaborate with cross functional teams (service engineering, UI team, infrastructure team, and other software subsystems) to arrive at
• design proposals and solutions.
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI
• Software, and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring, and Testing Techniques
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering
• and Math)
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience
• Working experience on RedHat Enterprise Linux or SUSE
• Working knowledge of Python or Perl, and Unix scripting
• Working knowledge of JAVA/C++ and web technologies – Angular JS/Node JS and HTML
• Working experience on implementing Flexera
• Has experience with software automation
• Understands existing workflows of the code and can perform software troubleshooting
• Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot and fix software issues