GE Healthcare is looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to work on many exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on GE's business.
- Responsible for automated verification a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently.
- In this role you will:
- Participate as a member of a scrum team, representing the face of quality.
- Break down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks
- Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
- Apply various coding skills to effectively automate defined behavior scenarios
- Take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Work independently and as a member of a team to develop and implement automated behavior scenarios which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Write effective behavior scenarios according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and behavior scenarios remain valid when code is refactored
- Begin to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
- Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating execution plans
- Implement and configures target environments for verification
- Implement system-level integration verification and validation
- Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
- Define quality metrics, best practices and coding patterns, and provides deep expertise on the coding
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in software testing or development using Agile methodologies
- A minimum of 2 years of experience coding and troubleshooting in Java
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Hoffman Estates
- Understanding of software testing methodology/processes and software development
- Technical skills in both test and development
- Experience in writing and executing automated tests (BDD, TDD, Junit, NUnit..)
- Ability to read, write and execute SQL scripts
- Experience working XML and JSON
- Experience with development tools such as Jira, Rally, JMeter, JBehave, Selenium
- Experience Installing and configuring software, testing environments - both physical and virtual.
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
- Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Illinois; Hoffman Estates
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.