Responsible for designing, developing and testing application software to create tools and services tailored to the needs of the GE Avionics business for product development. Positions require understanding of application software development within the Windows environment using C#, C++, Java and other object oriented languages. Familiarity with , XML programming and web-based application development tools and techniques are key components of the role.
In this position, you will learn how avionics and aircraft really work in order to create simulations. You will work on projects that focus on a specific subset of functionality or customer deliverable. And you will have a challenging, fun experience.
On your first day, you will learn how to take-off, fly, and land an aircraft using simulations of aircraft controls and displays that a pilot would use.
- Responsible for software development and maintenance of components, systems, and their networks
- Analyze user needs to design and code
- Program (in C++, C#, Java etc) all applications, components, and interfaces
- Design, implement and test software, ensuring quality specifications are met
- Participate actively in design and code reviews
- Drive performance and reliability enhancements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- • Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- • Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 10% of the time
- • This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- Experience programming in a Team Environment
- Experience in Networking, Linux, Source Code Control, and XML
- Exposure to National Instruments Lab Windows
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- PC proficiency