The Software Engineer, also known as the MES Engineer, will support the MES infrastructure in use in Operations as well as deploy new installations of MES across the manufacturing organization. This position will be part of the GAF Operations Technology group which is focused on plant controls system, software, and network solutions for our manufacturing locations in the US. The incumbent will focus on design, development, and support of the Wonderware MES software solution used in GAF. This position will require understanding of both manufacturing operations as well as business systems. The individual will be required to collaborate across functions and departments and various layers of management in the organization to implement MES solutions.
- Coding and programming of Wonderware MES objects, scrips, and SQL databases for new MES deployments across the organization following standards built to maintain integrity of the MES design
- Support & Troubleshooting of existing MES installations
- Interfacing with plant operations to develop capital project scope and implementation guidelines for new MES deployments
- Develop code for interfacing additional ERP systems into MES platform, including WMS (Warehouse Management), TM1, Peoplesoft, and other databases as needed.
- Participate in Operations Technology meetings, reviews, and strategic discussions
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Decision Making
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Use of and deployment of MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems)
- Through knowledge of Microsoft SQL server,
- Knowledge of Wonderware MES and other Wonderware software packages
- Experience building and maintaining SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) Reports
- Knowledge of servers, firewalls, switches, and diagnostics
- Microsoft TFS for version control
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Experience with manufacturing operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to work with a high energy team in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, able to proactively seek out improvements in existing systems
- Ability to communicate with plant operations for required upgrades and migrations in technology
- Education – BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience: 5-7 years Database development
Travel Requirements: This position will require 50% travel. Candidates can work remotely, but should live near a major or regional airport.