Software Engineer -- Full Stack
SAN MATEO OR RALEIGH-DURHAM, NCENGINEERINGFULL-TIMEAPPLY FOR THIS JOBSignalFx is looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to design and implement application features and APIs.
SignalFx is built on a highly distributed micro-services based backend that ingests, analyzes and stores billions of time-series metrics and events - all in real time. If you have an interest or passion for monitoring and large scale time-series data processing we would like to hear from you. Our goal is to continually improve the performance and reliability of this system as we evolve it to handle dramatically more data (by orders of magnitude) sent by our rapidly increasing customer base.
- Design and implement the SignalFx user interface in multiple formats (web, tablet, mobile, shell), including the evaluation and selection of key technology platforms
- Participate in end-to-end architecture reviews and discussions with the broader team, playing an influential role in overall product design
- Collaborate with interaction designers and visual designers to create an intuitive user experience
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate best practices for UI engineering
- Experience with Java and RESTful Web services (Jersey, Spring)
- Experience with client and server side charting and visualization libraries (Dygraph, D3, etc.)
- Experience in NoSQL and/or document-oriented databases
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- 3+ years of experience in building rich web-based applications
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field