We are seeking software engineers who are self-driven and extremely passionate about designing and building low level software. The engineers will join our data connectivity and integration team, commonly known as DataDirect. The DataDirect team is responsible for building the best connectors on the market to connect all types of applications to data stored in relational, Big Data, and NoSQL databases as well as cloud services. You may work on bleeding edge data security features, maximizing performance, creating innovative solutions for fit-for-purpose sources, or enhancing or creating internal tools to maximize our efficiency.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Participate in all aspects of the software life cycle (design, development, quality assurance, deployment, & maintenance)
- Actively involved in measuring, validating, and ensuring software meets the behavioral, quality, and performance requirements
- Contribute to debugging, troubleshooting defects; author software and build automation to resolve problems permanently
- Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Excellent coding skills in C/C++ and Java with demonstrated work experience
- Experience in relational database coding in SQL, ODBC, or JDBC
- Experienced in MVC frameworks such as Spring and back-end programming using Java, Node.js.
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience in device driver design, OS development or network development preferred.
- Hands-on work with network testing, database/database server testing
- Experience with CI/TDD/BDD