Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet might surprise you! Each day, we are taking steps to transform our culture into one that activates the very best in our people. At the heart of our work you’ll find our core values: to be data inspired, relentlessly curious and inherently generous. These values inform how we engage with our customers and how we energize one another. Step inside and you'll feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. We're also exploring what needs to change to accelerate creativity and innovation.
- We eliminate traditional performance reviews in favor of a more continuous dialog between team members and their managers.
- We flattened the structure of our organization so that our leaders are accessible and more in tune with our people.
- And, we changed our dress policy: 'Dress for Your Day' simply means wear what you want.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another.
So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is looking for an Engineer I to work with an agile team for the company’s flagship website, other web properties and products. Working in a fast paced environment, the Engineer will work closely with other developers, database administrators and project managers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to conducting code reviews, agile development, service oriented architecture and object-oriented programming.
Design, Implementation, Administration, Maintenance of the data elements powering our products
Management and Architecture of both proprietary and licensed partner datasets
Be a team player, willing to work on any task that comes up while still being able to let loose and enjoy theenvironment.
BS in Computer Science or a related field, MS Preferable
- 1 - 3 years of experience in web development
Experience building public facing online properties and backends using:
- Familiarity with Bash, JSON, and Python
- Experience using source control repositories such as SVN or Git
- Want to mentor and lead through pairing and/or design/code reviews
- Experience building applications with MVC Frameworks like AngularJS, EmberJS, Backbone, Slim, Zend, or Spring
- Experience with task management and continuous integration tools: Maven, Ant, Robo, Jenkins, Travis
- Strong UI, UX, and Web Design principles and concepts
- Strong understanding of multi-tiered applications running dynamic, data-driven Web applications
- Experience developing on top of REST Services
- Experience with search engine optimization
- Have demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies