Software Engineer, Full Stack
The Data Management
Platform (DMP) Team at Appnexus ensures the success of our customers by building a wide array of applications that help our customers to manage their user and audience data. We develop powerful applications that enable audience discovery and insights, and tools to support powerful integrations to our buying and selling platform and third party providers.
We are looking for a full stack engineer to join our growing team at our New York office. You will be working on UI components to create the first every DMP screen within the firm and build new middle tier services to provide caching and processing of backend data. You will also work closely with the team on the research and development of new DMP products and features. The DMP processes and stores more than 100TB of data per day – the largest data set in the industry. You will be working with a very talented and experienced team to build these products as we scale our organization and product offerings.
Consider some of the problems you will try to solve:
- Prototype to Production: As a new team, you will be building many projects from the ground up. We are looking for engineers who are excited work right alongside Product Managers, account managers, and can go from iterating & validating a new concept with beta customers to developing it into production-quality code in quick cycles.
- Work closely with the team to identify quality data and potential data sources and algorithms, evaluate and discuss with team and come up with new approach.
- Contribute to the culture of a growing platform and team
- Scalability: As a platform that manages more than 100 TB of data per day, how to build reliable, highly available systems as our client base grows and numbers of objects increase exponentially is a question we ask at every design session.
- Data Visualization: We want to build charting and visualizations that are backed by backend streaming & data aggregations services. Current projects include building a real time streaming service and UI to provide audience size estimation and break down
About the job:
- Develop new UI features and RESTful Web Services for various DMP features and product
- Lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
- Write understandable, testable and maintainable code including automated tests for business-critical components
- Work in a large cross functional engineering team
- Deploy regular code releases to production and test environments
- Participate in design discussions about new features and approaches to implementing new services
About your skills:
- BA/BS degree and 2+ years of experience in software engineering OR MSdegree and 1+ years of experience (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Solid understanding and work experience in in any back-end language, such as Golang, Java, PHP
- Strong database skills
- You have been building web applications for 2+ years and understand a good API
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals: Object-Oriented programming, design and asynchronous and event-driven development
- Experience with package management system
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Ability to work independently and make use of your time effectively
- Experience kubernetes and puppet is a plus
- Experience SOLR and Elasticsearch is a plus