Come help us build the software products that will change the energy industry. You will be working with algorithm engineers on a battery simulation ecosystem that uses machine learning and optimization algorithms to simulate battery dispatch and financial value of utility-scale, C&I and residential batteries in various scenarios – including real-time electricity markets, renewable integration with microgrids, aggregation of Powerwalls, etc.
Your efforts will enable two significant outcomes: a simulation infrastructure that drives continuous improvements in algorithm performance, and quantitative assessments of renewable and battery projects that help Tesla’s sales engineering team evaluate renewable and battery projects around the world.
You will work with a highly motivated team in a fast-paced environment. Your ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with a team-first attitude will be highly valued.
- Develop integrated software architecture that incorporates databases, libraries of algorithms and various simulation microservices into a cohesive, well-orchestrated simulation ecosystem
- Design, develop and maintain databases and microservices
- Develop simple and clean user interfaces for internal / external users to interact with the simulation ecosystem (run studies, analyze results)
- Advise on capacity planning for scaling up processing resources as simulation demand increases
- Collaborate with colleagues in technical design and code reviews
- Develop means for deploying, scaling, and monitoring software systems
- Characterize complex problems related to the scalability, reliability, performance, and security of the software
- Own projects and always seeks ways to improve efficiency and operations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering or equivalent in experience
- Minimum 5years of software engineeringexperience
- Knowledge of, or willing to learn, Python or Go
- Understanding of automated testing, deployment process and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate in writing clean code and creating world-class software