Why You Want This Job
As a Full Stack Software Engineer specializing in E-Commerce, you will be in a highly visible, customer facing position working with a team that enjoys continuous learning and training. You will have opportunities to work in a variety of different languages and be able to innovate new ideas.
Employees who have this job can promote to Senior Engineer, Software Engineer Team Lead, and Software Engineer Manager.
This position is a full-time position.
Why you’ll love us
Of all the companies out there that talk about putting the customer first, 1-800 Contacts is one of the few that walks the walk. We invest in the talent and technology to make sure our customers have a remarkable experience.
Plus, we have free food. So that’s cool, too.
Things You’ll Do
- Participate in all aspects of software development including requirements analysis, task estimation and sizing, technical investigation, software design and implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Follow Agile/ XP development methodology and ensure compliance within group
- Work closely with other business departments within the company
- Troubleshoot production issues and work effectively with other team members to identify and address problems
- Estimate and meet assigned development goals and target delivery dates
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Web Services, WCF, and REST
- Experience with Object Oriented languages such as C# or Java
- Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience with TDD and Unit Testing
- Experience with or a willingness to learnSalesforce Commerce Cloud
- Experience with WebAPI and ASP.Net is highly preferred
- Successfully use agile development methodologies
- Explain code to professionals inside and outside of the software engineering field
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Work occasional Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays if needed to complete a project
- Exploring and learning new technologies
- Being meticulous in my work
- Completing projects in a timely manner
- Developing new applications
- Being a team player and working with others
- Taking ownership and responsibilities for my work.