Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy by bringing high-performance electric vehicles and sustainable energy products to market. This mission requires fast paced innovation and execution. At Tesla, we celebrate experimentation and unconventional thinking to find solutions to problems previously thought unsolvable. Many companies talk about improving the world. At Tesla, we are decisively creating a sustainable future today.
Tesla is seeking a front end software engineer to take part in the design and development of software for its current and next generation sales, fulfillment, and customer systems for our Financial Platform organization. The mission of our team is to streamline business operations, decrease costs, improve customer experiences, and solve the engineering challenges that haven’t been solved yet! You will contribute to cross-functional system architecture and software system design with a clear focus on quality, scale, and ease of development.
- Meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs with stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing user interface components using React and its ecosystem.
- Troubleshooting and debugging application source code.
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface designs & functionality.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
- Working with product managers, designers, QA and release engineers to shepherd your solutions from development to production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or 2+ years of experience working in the sofware development industry.
- Previous experience working as a React.js Developer.
- In-depth knowledge of front-end architecture tools and concepts such as Redux, FLUX, smart and dumb components.
- Familiarity with of React ecosystem tooling including Babel, ESLint, PostCSS, Jest, Webpack, Enzyme.
- Experience with building user interfaces from provided mock-ups.
- Experience with consuming and building REST APIs.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks such as Mocha and Jest.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good project management skills.