Software Engineer, Front End
Less than 5 years experience • Information Services
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Do you want to help Google build next-generation web applications like Inbox, Gmail, Google Search, Google Maps and more? As a Front End Software Engineer at Google, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web applications that scale to millions of users in dozens of languages.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of work experience.
- Experience with front end technologies and/or front end frameworks.
- Experience developing user-facing software.
- Experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, Polymer, Closure or Backbone.
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- An understanding of the principles of accessibility and can build products that are accessible to users with disabilities.