Software Engineer (Front End)
at CommonBondNew York
CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program: For every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
Front End Engineers at CommonBond create fast, fluid and beautiful member facing websites and tools for our internal teams. We’re builders who work closely with the product team to transform mockups into cleanly written, efficient and maintainable code. We integrate with our backend and QA/Test engineers to iterate, drive product and release reliably and stably. We use the latest technologies--ES6, React, Sass. We constantly push ourselves to learn, with a deep enthusiasm for new developments in technologies and best practices to engineer for the user-facing web.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Command of cross browser intricacies when developing for the web and mobile web
- Firm grasp of computer science principles and design patterns
- Understanding of MVC concepts and experience with frameworks like React or Backbone
- Familiarity with Front End build tools and unit testing for frontend development
- Experience with backend technologies (Java, PostgreSQL and Redis) and cloud based technologies (AWS)
- Passion for technology and a desire to own a product’s development
- Reliable and collaborative personality
- Comfortable operating within an Agile development process
- Understanding of UX interaction and design aesthetic
- M.S. in Computer Science
- 6 years of relevant experience, including 3 years of industry experience